Samba Communications Ltd (T/A Samba Networks) offers advertising services to publisher websites and applications. We are committed to protecting your data and privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we process your personal data for these services.
Samba Communications Ltd (“Samba”) is a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 07008803 whose registered office is at Unit 1, 14 Weller Street, London, England, SE1 1QU.
Samba provides advertisers, agencies, DSPs and/or ad networks (“Demand Partners”) and website, mobile applications and/or publishers (“Supply Partners”) (Demand Partners and Supply Partners together referred to as “Partners”) with ad serving, mediation and yield optimisation services (“Services”). The Services enable Supply Partners to make their ad inventory available for purchase by Demand Partners for their ad campaigns and for such ads to be served on Supply Partner properties. Samba has no direct interaction with the End Users that visit Partners' services.
Information that Samba collects and receives
When interacting with the Supply Partner, Samba may collect/receive the following information:
- Information about your device, such as device type and model, network provider, browser type, language;
- Information about the Supply Partner, such as app name and version;
- Information about your operating system, such as Android, iOS;
- Information about your mobile advertising identifiers, such as your Advertising ID (Apple IDFA or Google AAID);
- Information provided by your device, such as device IP address, network connection type and GPS location if permissioned;
- Information Samba may receive from Supply Partners, such as your user identifier, age, gender and location;
- Information Samba may receive from Third Parties about you from other sources other such as location based on IP address, device specifications and interests;
How we use your information
Samba uses the personal information that it collects and receives –
- to provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- to offer appropriate ads to the end user;
- to provide support;
- in anonymised and aggregated form, to understand more about end users' behaviour;
We may obtain information by using a cookie file or device identifier which is stored on your device. They help us to improve our service and to deliver a tailored, more personalised experience. They enable us to recognise you when you use our services; to store information about your preferences such that we offer you more relevant ads; to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your device however you may then receive fewer or less targeted advertisements.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of serving you with contextual and/or targeted ads that are relevant/of interest to you;
- For ad reporting purposes and for Demand Partners to have information about the performance of their ad campaigns;
- To help Supply Partners understand how End Users are engaging with ads
- To receive additional data on you from sources other than the Partners in order to serve you more relevant and targeted ads;
- To receive Third Party’s services, such as fraud protection, bot detection, rating, analytics, viewability, geo location services, ad security and verification services;
- To comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of Samba, our partners, or others.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- To a prospective buyer or seller in the event we buy or sell any business or assets;
- To a third party acquirer in the event that Samba or substantially all of its assets are acquired by said third party;
Accessing your personal information
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the information we hold about you. We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us at any time to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
If you’d like us to delete data that you have provided via the Partners, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe after receiving your email.
Your Data Rights
Samba is committed to helping its controllers as to data subjects’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
Note that under the GDPR, Samba processes data provided into the Services as a processor and not as a controller (i.e. Supply Partner). As a processor, Samba is committed to helping its controllers fulfil data subjects’ GDPR rights. Therefore, if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR or have any questions in this matter please contact the relevant controller directly. Samba will assist its controllers on request and when required. As a general rule, Samba stores your personal information for as long as you use the Service in order to provide said Service.
Samba is committed to protecting your data and deploys such security systems as necessary to minimize the risk of theft, damage, loss of information or unauthorized access or use of information however Samba cannot guarantee that the Services will be immune from any wrongdoing, malfunction, unlawful interception or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last updated: May 2018